Notifications
Clear all

[Solved / Archived] Faulty Wittypi 4 mini ?

18 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@terrafox)
New Member Customer
Topic starter

I recently bought a wittypi 4 mini and installed it on a Raspberry Zero W. When power is applied the white led starts blinking and I can boot  properly by pushing the button. When trying to turn it off  the white led flashes and the raspberry seems to shut down. But the wittypi keeps the red led on and the white led is not blinking. It is impossible to get the wittypi out of this state without disconnecting and reconnecting power. Do I have a faulty item ?

Posted : 06/10/2023 5:39 am
(@admin)
Member Admin

Posted by: @terrafox

Is there an easy way to visually identify the hardware revision of these boards ?

You will see an additional capacitor at the location highlighted in this picture. However even us don't update the pictures on product page, you may not be able to tell if it is the new revision by checking the pictures.

1697464838-wp4m_new_c.png

Posted : 16/10/2023 4:00 pm
(@terrafox)
New Member Customer
Topic starter

That explains it. Thanks

Posted : 16/10/2023 4:03 pm
(@terrafox)
New Member Customer
Topic starter

I guess that the easiest and safest way to ensure that I get the most recent version will be to order directly from the UUGEAR webshop in the future.

Posted : 16/10/2023 4:38 pm
Page 2 / 2
Join Waitlist We will inform you when the product arrives in stock. Please leave your valid email address below.