[Solved] MEGA4: 4-Port USB 3.1 Need support for turning off (power) the USB port without disturbing data communications/transactions.
MEGA4: 4-Port USB 3.1 Need support for turning off (power) the USB port without disturbing data communications/transactions.
- Raspberry pi board is connected to Mega4 with U type USB connector.
- Installed below sw:
sudo sh install.sh
- Connected android device to Mega4 USB port
- Executed sudo ./mega4.sh (In Rpi terminal)
- Turned off connected device's USB port (ex: Here the port no is 2)
- Then tried for adb communication and file transfer.
- connected device's USB port got powered off. //(setup_image_after_turning_off_port.jpg)
- Device charge has been turned off.
- Adb communication was lost. //(adb_connection_after_turning_off_port.png)
- lsusb -v is giving >> cannot read device status, Resource temporarily unavailable (11) //(lsusb_comparision_after_turning_off_port.png)
- Observed the same in Linux with uhubctl
- Attached images for referenece.
Please let us know the steps to achieve data communication even after powering off the ports.
When the port power has been turned off, the USB device on that port stopped working, and the data communication between this device and the host is stopped.
It is an expected result.
We have a scenario where our Android devices will be kept on connected to mega4 hub 24x7.
So, we have some requirements to stop charging for a few hours(4 hours) without losing any data connection.
Is it possible to achieve it using mega4?